If you’re not happy with the way your smile looks, it may be worthwhile to visit a dentist or orthodontist and enquire about fast braces in Melbourne. In the past, it could take several years to repair misaligned teeth, but today, modern computer software can be used to design braces and aligners that are more effective than ever, helping to reduce treatment time. If you have questions about wearing braces, this article provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Why Should You Wear Braces?
There are many great reasons for wearing braces, including:
- Improving your bite to prevent jaw problems
- Allowing you to chew nutritious foods, such as vegetables and fruits
- Making it easier to brush and floss your teeth
- Boosting your self-esteem with an attractive smile
- Preventing cavities, gingivitis and halitosis
What Problems Can Braces Correct?
Today, braces can correct an assortment of problems with your teeth, including:
- Widening your palate
- Fixing an overbite
- Repositioning teeth to eliminate wide gaps
- Repairing overlapping teeth
- Fixing a crossbite
- Repairing dental protrusions
- Stabilising the jaw’s joints
With better dental alignment, you can avoid problems such as dental decay and temporomandibular joint disorder.
What Are the Different Types of Orthodontic Treatment?
An orthodontist or dentist can prepare fast braces in Melbourne for teenagers and adults who want to have straight teeth. While traditional metal brackets and wires remain the most affordable type of braces, there are also other choices available, including:
- Lingual braces that are fitted on the back of the teeth
- Self-ligating braces that don’t require rubber bands
- Ceramic braces that are made with clear wires and colour-matching ceramic brackets
- Colourful braces that feature brightly coloured wires and brackets
If you suffer from mild to moderate dental malocclusions, you may be able to wear Invisalign braces – clear plastic aligners that can be easily removed. An orthodontist can also create palatal expanders, headgear and retainers for misaligned teeth.
Can Anyone Have Orthodontic Treatment With Braces?
To determine if orthodontic treatment is needed, the teeth will need to be evaluated. An orthodontic examination is recommended for children after the first permanent tooth erupts from the gums. However, it’s never too late to begin orthodontic treatment. While it can take slightly longer for adults to achieve results from wearing braces, treatment is now faster than ever.
How Can You Protect Your Braces or Aligners to Prevent Damage?
With the right orthodontist or dentist, you can be fitted with fast braces in Melbourne, but it’s important to follow certain guidelines while undergoing your orthodontic treatment. While wearing braces or aligners, you must take care of your teeth and gums to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. Your dentist or orthodontist will teach you how to carry out oral hygiene tasks without damaging your aligners or braces. In addition, you must follow certain dietary guidelines such as avoiding sticky or hard foods that may break the wires or brackets on your braces.